Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 1: Bertrand Russell on Clear Thinking (post 3)

Russell states that when people make clear decisions they are thinking clearly and not being bias or prejudice. Many people in our society today feel that negative thinking makes you act out of emotional concerns and not rational clear positive actions. When people are overly angry, sad, depressed, or emotional they act irrational at those times and may later regret what they did or said to other people around them at those times in there lives. It is critical to be aware of your surroundings and be mindful of others feelings and that we are all human with certain desires and needs that we want fulfilled.

I liked this short interview because what he said was ll so true, and it made me think if times in my life when I have acted out of being overly emotional and angered. I have been very upset and said things that I wish I didn't say, and I have wished that If i had just waited to clear my mind and my thoughts that I would have waited to talk and thought first about my then emotions and struggles. It is very important to think before you speak, and remember that if you don't you may offend or upset others around you without even noticing. Negative thinking isn't even good for our brain and our body, if we feel bad we act bad, we must think more positive and rational, therefore we will act more rational and positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment